Am I covered to drive abroad?

Your Prima policy provides the minimum level of cover you need to drive for up to 90 days in (or between):

  • Any country in the European Union (EU)
  • Norway
  • Switzerland
  • Iceland
  • Serbia
  • Andorra
  • Liechtenstein

This is providing that your car’s registered and usually kept within the UK. 

You won’t need a Green Card

When we first left the EU in January 2021, UK drivers needed a Green Card (a physical document from their insurer) to drive in other European countries. But since August 2021, that’s no longer been necessary. 

You will need to take a couple of other things

When driving abroad, we always recommend you take your:

  • Certificate of Motor Insurance
  • Driving licence
  • Vehicle log book (V5C)
Was this article helpful?
2 out of 2 found this helpful

Articles in this section